Water damage can have an enormous long-term impact on your home.
Water can enter the home through numerous means. For example, these include:
- Burst pipes
- Compromised valve systems
- Inefficient drainage
Depending on the cause, water build-up can come about quite rapidly – up to several inches of water. In these emergency cases, it’s vital that you deal with the problem as soon as possible. The longer the water damage remains, the more damage it causes your property.
At 1st Response Restoration, we have helped clients throughout Las Vegas with mild-to-extensive water damage. Our water restoration services deal with the immediate effects of water damage while avoiding the long-term impact that water damage can cause.
Long-term impact of water damage
There are two primary long-term impacts of water damage. These include:
- Mold accumulation: mold doesn’t just impact its immediate source. In other words, mold spreads – often quite rapidly. As mold is composed of fungal spores, regular inhalation of these spores is associated with significant health effects such as allergic reactions.
- Material damage: the longer that water lurks within the home, the more opportunity it has to compromise materials. For example, wood can become flooded with water and its inherent particulates. The water, if coming from a sewage source, may also contain harmful biological organisms such as bacteria, fungi and viruses.
Both mold accumulation and material damage are significant and often expensive long-term impacts of water/moisture accumulation. Dealing with water leaks and/or build-up as soon as possible remains an absolute must.
Managing water damage
At 1st Response Restoration, our team of experienced technicians have helped homeowners throughout Las Vegas – including Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Henderson.
What exactly does a qualified technician do, though?
This depends upon the precise nature and extent of the damage. Generally speaking, though, our team of technicians work to:
- Determine the extent of water damage: for example, where there are any microorganisms or significant pathogenic activity.
- Based on this determination, we determine which materials can be kept and which should be discarded (as some materials may be compromised by biological organisms).
- Based on the damage, our technicians use heavy-duty extraction techniques to remove moisture and water and contaminants from materials which can be kept.
- We continuously monitor the process throughout the delivery of our service.
If you would like to learn more about our Las Vegas water restoration services, contact a member of our team today for more information. Our team offer a free quote to help you with your water emergency needs.